Young Lady Business Academy, the way to your professional dream!
Why do you have to take the step to participate in the Young Lady Business Academy?
Elske Doets, Dutch Business Woman of the Year 2017, has made it her mission to inspire and motivate ‘Young Ladies’ to follow their biggest ambitions! Are you dreaming of becoming a successful entrepreneur or business woman? By being part of the Young Lady Business Academy you’ll gain confidence and get on track to make your ambitions become reality. During the Academy doors will open for you and you’ll get the tools to make your professional dreams come true.
During the last edition, the Young Lady Business Academy received a huge recognition for the power of the initiative to encourage young women to take up top positions in the future by a visit from Queen Máxima.
#Are you doubting yourself? Read here why you should apply now!
Are you a young lady who wants to do, who dares and who wants to persevere? Sign up for participation in the Young Lady Business Academy (see procedure below). The next Academy will take place from 1 to 5 July 2019. Register now for 2019! Check out the Young Lady Business Academy 3.0 to get an idea of what the exciting Academy week can look like!
Are you between 15 and 24 years old? Every education level is welcome, your drive is all that matters. Elske is going to inspire you with the help of 12 power women. In this one week you’ll learn more that in one year at school! We’ll arrange for permission from your school for you to come to the Academy.
- Send in your personal cover letter and resume.
Describe your professional dream in 300 to 500 words. Maybe you’d run your own restaurant or IT start up, or maybe you’d be a manager or executive at a big company in The Netherlands or abroad. Think and dream big! Also, present yourself and your professional dream in a vlog (short video). The deadline for applications for the 4th edition of the Elske Doets Young Lady Business Academy is June 2nd 2019.
- The best entries / candidates will be invited to give a 3-minute pitch at Elske Doets. This pitch will be given in the office of Jan Doets America Tours in Heerhugowaard.
- The best ‘Pitch Ladies’ are invited to attend the Elske Doets Young Lady Business Academy for one week. Leadership, Marketing, Neuroscience, Entrepreneurship, Life Training and Networking are the topics that will be dealt with during the master classes. The ladies follow a lesson in the morning, after which they work in the afternoon on their own Business Case. They will then explain the detailed Business Cases during a presentation. Are you coming from afar? Then we will arrange a host family for you!.
- The very best Young Lady will have the opportunity to spend 4 days with Elske Doets on a business trip to America or Canada. This trip will take place in the autumn of 2019. Read Merel’s blog, winner of Young Lady Business Academy 2.0, and Elske’s blog about the winner’s journey.
The Young Lady Business Academy 4.0 will take place from 1 to 5 July 2019. Expect presentations from top women and the winners from previous editions of the Young Lady Business Academy. The whole schedule of the previous Young Lady Business Academy can be found here. In order to get an idea of what to expect, you can already get some top tips from Power women who participated in this initiative. Download the flyer of the Elske Doets Young Lady Business Academy July 2018 and also get to know the young talents of the Young Lady Business Academy 3.0: Young Talents.
Are you curious to see what the Academy week looks like? Watch this video compilation:
We are looking forward to many applications with big and inspiring professional dreams! Good luck to you all!
Director-owner Jan Doets America Tours and Dutch Business Woman of the Year 2017
- Elske’s blog on her experiences during the Academy week
- The compilation on Merel, the winner of the Young Lady Business Academy 2.0: https://vimeo.com/245938243
- The full compilation of the Young Lady Business Academy 3.0: https://vimeo.com/247280501